This is our family blog that we would like to share with our friends and family. Welcome to our hectic world. We are Karen and James aka Mom and Dad and we have 6 wonderful, energetic kids

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Time to start updating again...

Well it has been a very long time since I have wrote anything here on our blog.
So much is going on in our fast and very busy lives.
The kids are growing up so fast. This month we had Colby's birthday, he turned 11 and Jaden's as well. She turned 9.

Insane that my baby(Presley) of the family is now 8 years old. A baby no more.

I have recently retired from volunteering from my adoption agency..although I love that role and have been doing it for the past 15 years, I just don't seem to have as much time these days to dedicate to that so I decided to hang up my hat for now.

My Mom is not doing well and has been in the hospital for 2 weeks now. Her heart is not working well and causing her many problems. A little prayer for her would be welcome for those that beleive in prayer. My dad has been an angel taking care of Mom for the past 5 months(24 hour care) all by himself for the most part. I think big changes are coming for the both of them in the near future. Sad but it happens as we get older.

Jaden is trying out for inter-city soccer tonight and is so excited to have been asked to try out. She really loves the sport and did very good during the summer. Almost every game she got a goal and was so proud of herself. She is very competitive and always tries her best at everything she takes on. She loves a good challenge.She is in Cubs with Colby and her cousin Kate and always looks forward to it. Her newest challenge is she wants to learn how to snowboard..Lord help me!

Presley had her tendon lengthening surgery in September and has recovered nicely. She is walking flat on her foot and we are happy with the results. She does her exercises every night and wears her brace to bed each night. She doesn't like having it on..but it is very important to keep her tendon pulled to ensure that the results of the surgery remain for as long as possible.She goes for Physio and is a real trooper.

James is doing well...his braces have been on for a year now and his teeth are nice and straight...What a difference. He has about a year to go and then we get to see them beautiful chicklets sans metal. He is enjoying his job at the school and is doing good overall. He too is waiting for surgery..sees the doctor at the end of the month. Hopefully surgery will be soon and he can be on the road to recovery.

Colby is doing good...he has his challenges but overall he is your typical 11 year old who challenges everything I say. He loves playing videogames on his laptop and can spend hours on there. He loves going to Cubs(he is a leader of a group) and really enjoys it. He moves onto Scouts next September officially.

Jagger is 11, going to be 12 in March. Jagger is starting to show the attitude that comes with being that age. Somedays I find it hard to deal with as up until now he has been such a great easy going kid. Attitude starts and my stress level goes up. Funny how they start tuning you out at that age. Hmmm maybe I should start doing that. Jagger loves going to Scouts, he is off this weekend going to Winter Camp and is really looking forward to it.

Kennedy is now 16 and is growing up to be such a great young lady. She is trying hard in school and has decided she wants to go to Dawson and study Illustration and Design. I am thrilled she has an idea of what she would like to do and my god is she talented. I will take some pics of her work and post it here later. Driving lessons are coming soon....my baby will be driving a car...oh my!

Madison is 14 and in grade 9. She is in the enriched program at school and is doing good. Now can we talk attitude....she definintely has that. She has spunk and charachter and that makes up who she is. She has a strange sense of humour like her Dad and is definitely the sweet lover in our family. She is my dessert hoover. LOL.

So that is it in a nutshell...when the stress hits max I look at my picture of Jaden writing in the sand in the Bahamas..and the stress melts away. Oh..to be in the Bahamas again.

1 comment:

Our family said...

Oh Karen! How wonderful it was to actually see an update!!!! I know how it is to fall behind on blogging. I am dreadful at it really but have every good intention!!!! I will have to update ours too!!!!

Wonderful to read all about how everyone is doing.

I think of you guys often and hope to see you soon!!!

Hugs,

Jen
P.S. Will say some prayers for your Mom. xo