This is our family blog that we would like to share with our friends and family. Welcome to our hectic world. We are Karen and James aka Mom and Dad and we have 6 wonderful, energetic kids

Sunday, January 3, 2010

The end of the year...


Well I cannot say that I am sorry to see 2009 go...it was a tough year for us...or should I say challenging. Anyways..onto bigger and brighter things and challenges in 2010. Happy New Year to all our friends and family. We love you so.
We have spent time this holiday season with family and friends and that is truly special to us. There is never enough time in everyones' schedules except for holidays and we took advantage of that this year.

We visited Colleen and Alan's and had a great afternoon with the kids. Thank you for the invitation and we hope to see you very soon. We headed up to Jason and Deanna's in Ottawa for the day. Nancy and Kevin and their kids came as well and my Dad joined us too. We spent the afternoon at Jason's place and than all went out for a nice dinner. A great time was had by all. Thank you both!

New Year's Eve day we headed up to Burlington, Vermont for two nights. The kids loved their time swimming and playing and shopping. Nancy and Kevin were there and what a nice surprize that Sue and her 3 kids joined us there as well. The kids played together for hours and enjoyed each others company. Hot chocolate was had by all. There were many Montrealers's at the hotel that we had recognized from past years. Seems like spending New Year's with family in front of a roaring fireplace or by poolside is the way to go.

And now...the time has ticked away and this week we are heading back to work and school. The time off has been amazing.

Tomorrow I start my new job and am really looking forward to it. My new company is located about 3 buildings down from where Nancy works so perhaps we can meet up for lunch once in awhile. It has been almost a year since I have been in the work and home routine so I am expecting a bit of a tough week..but it is time for me to get back to work. Bills have to be paid.... My job is something I have not done before (Education) and I am really looking forward to the new challenges. I have a friend who works at my new company so that will help. New year, New start...great way to start the year off.

Should be a challenge as I will now leave before the kids get on the bus and will be home around 6pm (weather and traffic permitting) so James will be holding down the fort in the AM as well in the PM...thank god he loves to cook.

We will have to change our routine a bit as we will need to make the mornings go a little smoother and less stressful.

Anyways..here are a few pictures from the past week or so..














1 comment:

Our family said...

So beautiful!!!! Thanks for sharing, and Happy New Year!!!!

I will be thinking of you today, and will pray that all goes well at your new job and smoothly at home with the new routine etc...

Take care!